Home>News>Differences betwween sit in kayak and sit on top kayak
Differences betwween sit in kayak and sit on top kayak
Here is a quick comparison of the differences:
* Faster and easier to paddle than most sit-on kayaks
* You stay relatively dry.
* Protected from the elements(sun, cold,rain,etc)
* Designed for covering longer distances
* Dry storage areas for equipment
* Best for day trips and touring
* Can be difficult to get in and out (especially on the water)
* Smaller cockpits
* May require a spray skirt in rough water
* Movement is restricted and you cannot easily change positions
* In hot water a sit-in can get very warm under the deck, expecially when using a spray skirt
* Minimal access to items placed on back deck( back part of kayak) and no access to items in dry storage
* Stability is usually greater than sit-in
* Relatively easy to get in and out (including on the water)
* Freedom of movement
* Large storage areas on the deck, easily accessible
* Best for fishing and surfing
* Exposed to the elements(sun, cold, water,etc)
* Exposed to wave splash and constant driip from the paddle
* Slower and more difficult to paddle than sit-in
* You will always have a wet bottom from sitting in small amount of water
As you can tell there are pros and cons for each style of kayak and no perfect kayak exists. Many times your choice of kayak is dictated by the activity you want to do. For instance, if you will be fishing 90% of the time and touring 10%, get a SOT. If you are 90% day trips and touring, get a SINK.
When you get a SINK or a SOT, be sure to make us, Deluxe Full Kayak, your home on the internet. If you'd like to contribute to this article, please leave a comment with email to us.
Deluxe Full company has more than 8 years' experiences in design and manufacture kayak cart, trolley and kayak roof racks and its related accessories. though it is a young team, we are honest, efficient, and passionate for innovation and excellence. The factory is located in a small but gorgeous town which is belong to Ningbo a seaport city.